Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 1999 01:00:12 +0200
From:      "H. Eckert" <ripley@nostromo.in-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgraded to oblivion

Quoting R.Inder@ed.ac.uk (R.Inder@ed.ac.uk):
> So what would be the recommended way of switching
> between DoD and "off"?  ifconfig-ing the link down?

That's the way I've been doing it all the time with the old
bisdn system and now with i4b 0.70 (FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE).

I'm having cron entries that en/disable the link at certain
times for automated mail and news exchange.  With the new
system this works fine, but the connection is triggered by
the "ifconfig ipr0 down" command.  This is not so good...

Greetings,
				Ripley
--
H. Eckert, 10777 Berlin, Germany, http://www.in-berlin.de/User/nostromo/
ISO 8859-1: Ä=Ae, Ö=Oe, Ü=Ue, ä=ae, ö=oe, ü=ue, ß=sz.