Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 1996 12:01:34 +0100
From:      "Mathias Kretschmer" <Mathias.Kretschmer@gmd.de>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GigaByte GA-586DX-512 Motherboard

On Nov 12,  3:46am, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > >	How about Hard Drive?  atipa doesn't list Seagates, that I can find,
> > >and recent experiencees with Quantum are steering me clear of them.
> >
> >atipa carries a rather limited selection in general, just how they do
business.
> > I would suggest getting the drive from someplace that carries what you
want.

> 	Does anyone have any recommendations on drives?  Or, any drives
> in particular I should stick away from?  I heard that SeaGate went downhill
> for awhile there...anyone have a current opinion of them?

Hi,

Currently I'm using a Seagate Wide-SCSI-Barracuda 2LP with an Apactec 2940 with
FreeBSD-UP (with an WIDE to FAST Adapter).
The drive performs petty cool...I've got no problems with it.
I'm planing to buy the GA-586-DX board this week, an I hope my Barracuda will
work with the onboard WIDE-SCSI-Adaptec....

bye

    Mathias