Date:      Mon, 20 May 1996 22:09:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        "Kenneth P. Stox" <ken@stox.pr.mcs.net>
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HSM for FreeBSD?, was Re: Who wants a DPT SCSI controller driver?

On Mon, 20 May 1996, Kenneth P. Stox wrote:

> Funny you should mention this. I recently picked up an Exabyte 10i
> robot, and have been pondering this very point. Is there anyone else
> in the FreeBSD community who has any interest in HSM systems ?

    It certainly is outside the realm of FreeBSD's traditional ISP and
home markets (funny to talk about "traditional" on such a young BSD),
but I would imagine research and industrial environments would benefit
from such a beast.  How is our support for tape libraries, tape
robots, CD jukeboxes?  Joerg's recent work with the CD-ROM burner
would no doubt figure prominently in an HSM application.  :)
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org, taob@ican.net)
Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.