Date:      Mon, 05 Jun 2000 21:20:25 +0200
From:      gouders@et.bocholt.fh-gelsenkirchen.de
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Invalid ELF header

Hi,

I am having some trouble running LINUX programs on my machine.

Today, for example, I tried to run communicator-linux-4.73 (because I
wanted to try the flashplugin) and got the following error:

(karga) - /home/hank
hank: communicator-linux-4.73
ERROR: /usr/local/lib/netscape/plugins/plugger.so: invalid ELF header
Cant load plugin /usr/local/lib/netscape/plugins/plugger.so. Ignored.
ERROR: /usr/local/lib/netscape/plugins/libswf.so: invalid ELF header
Cant load plugin /usr/local/lib/netscape/plugins/libswf.so. Ignored.

In the case of the communicator - is it o.k. if I install both, the
FreeBSD version and the LINUX version?  Or may this cause such trouble
to me?
Is there any documentation available concerning LINUX emulation
under FreeBSD?  Something that describes what is actually happening and
helps me to understand what I am doing when I start a LINUX program
under FreeBSD?

Dirk