Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 1998 15:41:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Vladislav S. Davidzon" <davidzon@metronet.lib.mi.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Rebooting via BIOS

Good afternoon

This is my second post to the list.  I have a 486 machine
which used to run linux, now converted to FreeBSD.  In order
to get it to reboot (at all) in Linux I had to pass a
reboot=bios to the kernel at boot time via Lilo.  How would
I do this under FreeBSD?  It currently hangs right before
it should reboot (says rebooting and then hangs).  The
keyboard fix in the kernel did not work (the don't reboot
with the keyboard thing).

I need to pass something like reboot=bios to the kernel, but
not quite sure what its called or how I would do it.

Thanks

-vsd
Vladislav S. Davidzon            davidzon@MetroNet.lib.mi.us
Technology Assistant             Farmington Community Library
Phone: 248.553.0300              Fax: 248.553.3228
32737 West 12 Mile Road          Farmington Hills, MI 48334