Date:      Sat, 5 Jul 2003 11:39:48 +0200
From:      Lars <lars@gmx.at>
To:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Choosing a new laptop

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 10:44:07AM +0930, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
Hi,

I, because I already have one, would go for an IBM Thinkpad of
the R40 series because the value:money ratio is, imho, quite high.

IBM's laptops are
relatively well documented - enter the model number
on their support site and you get all the info;
are quite sturdy in their construction;
have good keyboards;
replacement parts are available for a long time, 3y+;
run long, my TP R40 2681-F7G runs 3.5h without additional battery;

Hope that helps,
Lars.