Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 16:45:16 +0500 (GMT+0500)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee (Narvi)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: as(1) patch & dis

> > BTW, for fixing this bug :-) I have written a 386 disassembler. It's alpha
> > quality yet but already useful. I think any people who wants to
> > reengineer some "object-only" BSDi code will find it useful too. So
> > how about to commit it ?
>
> Will it decode only BSDi code? Can it be used to watch the code companies
> sell on their driver diskettes for SCO?

Indeed it was written to decode FreeBSD code :-) but it decodes BSDi
(at least 1.1) code wery well too. May be it will be able to decode
the Linux code too (with some changes?). SCO drivers can be easily disassembled
by dis under SCO. Really, dis is braindamaged and I use dumps of
symbol and relocation tables (dis from SCO5 is even more braindamaged,
it disassembles some jump addresses wrong). My dis386 for FreeBSD analyses
them automatically. So may be some day I would write a COFF version of it.

-SB