Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2011 23:05:55 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: reverse of getchar() read() open() fopen() ?

> Hi hackers@,
> Do we have C libraries with reverse of getchar() [ & maybe read()
> ] & fopen() [ & maybe open() ] etc, to read from end of file toward
> beginning ?  I dont see anything in the See Also sections.  I'm not
> looking to write, just read.  I'm looking for something that returns
> last char in file as first etc, I'm not interested in wchars etc,
> I could write some C functions, with seek etc & probably will, if
> none exist, but no point if they already exist ?

PS I'm not looking for a program that reverses chars in lines ( eg like my
	http://berklix.com/~jhs/src/bsd/jhs/bin/local/rev/
), instead I'm wondering if we have functions that read binary backwards,
\0 & \n not special.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Mail plain text;  Not quoted-printable, Not HTML, Not base 64.