Date:      Tue, 24 May 2011 10:56:23 -0500
From:      "Edwin L. Culp W." <edwinlculp@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   I could sure use a way around the strange error I get when trying to update devel/apr on 7.4-STABLE FreeBSD

The compile finishes during configuration with:

checking for minix/config.h... no
checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
checking for library containing strerror... none required
checking whether system uses EBCDIC... no
performing libtool configuration...
./configure: 9904: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
*** Error code 2

Stop in /new/usr/local/ports/devel/apr1.
*** Error code 1

I posted this about 10 days ago but thought that it would be fixec
with portgrading but it hasn't and the error makes me think there is a
conflict with one of my ports that is out of date or . . . .?

This is the result of my make showconfig

/usr/ports/devel/apr1 # make showconfig
===> The following configuration options are available for
apr-ipv6-devrandom-gdbm-db46-ldap24-1.4.5.1.3.12:
     THREADS=on (default) "Enable Threads in apr"
     IPV6=on (default) "Enable IPV6 Support in apr"
     BDB=on (default) "Enable Berkley BDB support in apr-util"
     GDBM=on (default) "Enable GNU dbm support in apr-util"
     LDAP=off (default) "Enable LDAP support in apr-util"
     MYSQL=off (default) "Enable MySQL suport in apr-util"
     NDBM=off (default) "Enable NDBM support in apr-util"
     PGSQL=off (default) "Enable Postgresql suport in apr-util"
     SQLITE=off (default) "Enable SQLite3 support in apr-util"
     DEVRANDOM=on (default) "Use /dev/random or compatible in apr"

I originally had ldap enabled but removed it for doubts.  I obviously
can't compile a new apache22, I'm usinging the older package for now.

Sorry to post this again but I have spent hours without finding a ray of light.

ed
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings