Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:10:42 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: configuring AsanteGigianix1000TA

Hi!

> I think I figured out my problem, I have an onboard ethernet port10/100
> sis0 and when I placed the Giganix card in it uses the name nge0. Is the
> problem that both devices are using a '0'(e.g. sis0 nge0)?

No, this is not the problem.

I don't know why sysinstall won't configure the card, but maybe you can
try it from command line:

ifconfig nge0 inet 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0

(of course, use the correct ip address and netmask for your network).

If something is wrong, it will at least give you an error message. If
the address 'sticks', then append the following line to /etc/rc.conf:

ifconfig_nge0="inet 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0"

This will make sure the address remains after reboot.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!