Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2005 01:05:23 +0100
From:      Robert Millan <rmh@debian.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   glibc

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

Hi there!

I'm the main person behind the Debian GNU/kFreeBSD system, a porting effort
based on Glibc and kernel of FreeBSD I've been working on since April 2003.

A few months ago someone pointed me that since Glibc works reliably on kern=
el
of FreeBSD, it'd be interesting to add this to the Ports Collection.

This message is an offer to anyone interested in doing this.  If anyone her=
e is
interested in creating a port of Glibc, please let me know.  We have a
subversion repository with patches against 2.3, and a set of patches for
integration with FreeBSD 5.3 kernel headers.  The libc port is not complete
but it's been suitable for production use for a while now.

--=20
 .''`.   Proudly running Debian GNU/kFreeBSD unstable/unreleased (on UFS2+S)
: :' :
`. `'    http://www.debian.org/ports/kfreebsd-gnu
  `-

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx