Date:      Sun, 24 Feb 2002 19:00:02 -0500
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Scott M. Nolde" <scott@smnolde.com>
Cc:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: pkg_add   save package tar file

I checked those 3 places and the package tar is not there.
My interpretation of what the man page says about environment
variables PKG_TMPDIR and TMPDIR, as this is where the tar is
uncompressed into and files played with before being put
in final locations. After the package is installed this area
must be cleared because it was empty.

Does pkg_add have a pre-fetch option like the make command does?