Date:      Mon, 04 Oct 1999 00:39:11 -0400
From:      Alex V P <alex@big-blue.net>
To:        chris@tourneyland.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem installing PHP + MySQL

--------------E4C6F33B611B05A6A9D586AD

chris@tourneyland.com wrote:

> >because I messed up my FreeBSD box ;-) i just went in there and rm all the
> files
> >under respective directoryes. after that I install mysql from source and
> started
> >mysql server. then I made a fresh install for php and apache from source.
> If you
> >follow instruction in INSTALL file ( when you unpack php is in the php
> dir) you
> >shouldn't have any problems.
> >i'm running php with mysql and apache for abt 3 months now and i'm very happy
> >;-).
> >if you need additional help, let me know.
> >alex
> >p.s. sorry for my English ;-)
>
> So, I install mysql, then start the mysql server, then install php, then
> install apache? Sorry to be so specific, but I figure if I'm going to do
> what works I better make sure what I'm doing.
>
> Oh, and your English is fine - much better than most programmers!
>
>  - Chris

I don't know if my approach is right , but this is what I did.
install mysql and start server and follow the attachement file ;-).
in any case, next time cc: mailing list because tomorrow someone else might need
help on the same subject ;-). let me know if it works ;-).

alex

--------------E4C6F33B611B05A6A9D586AD

gunzip apache_1.3.x.tar.gz
tar xvf apache_1.3.x.tar
gunzip php-3.0.x.tar.gz
tar xvf php-3.0.x.tar
cd apache_1.3.x
./configure --prefix=/www
cd ../php-3.0.x
./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.x --enable-track-vars
make
make install
cd ../apache_1.3.x
./configure --prefix=/www --activate-module=src/modules/php3/libphp3.a
 (The above line is correct!  Yes, we know libphp3.a does not exist at this
  stage.  It isn't supposed to.  It will be created.)
make
 (you should now have an httpd binary which you can copy to your Apache bin dir)
cd ../php-3.0.x
cp php3.ini-dist /usr/local/lib/php3.ini
You can edit /usr/local/lib/php3.ini file to set PHP options.
Edit your httpd.conf or srm.conf file and add:
  AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3