Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:07:20 -0800
From:      "John Howie" <JHowie@msn.com>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>, "Jonathan M. Slivko" <jon_slivko@simphost.com>
Subject:   Re: Danger Ports

------=_NextPart_000_0165_01C05A37.992C91F0

Jonathon,

My apologies - I see what you are after now. Yes, there is a list =
floating
around, but I usually head over to SANS and get theirs:

http://www.sans.org/newlook/resources/IDFAQ/oddports.htm

You will see that it is extensive!

Regarding your followup on dummy applications acting as these rogue
services/daemons I think you are after a Honeypot. There are a couple =
but
I'll need to check out the details as I don't have them off the top of =
my
head. Depending on the level of sophistication you are after it might =
just
be easier to have your firewall log any attempt to access one the ports =
that
you are interested in and deny access.

Hope this helps,

john...