Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:30:45 +1000
From:      "Andrew Reilly" <areilly@nsw.bigpond.net.au>
To:        Sean Lutner <sean@rentul.net>
Cc:        Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>, Adam <bsdx@looksharp.net>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UUU: Bug in StarOffice5 Port

On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 03:09:49AM -0400, Sean Lutner wrote:
> I install Star Office 5.2 on my 4.0-STABLE box tonight. I didn't use
> ports. I ahve linux emulation enabled. I got the bin file, ran it and it
> installed.
>
> The only quirk I hit was the location Star Office looks for test in.
> It wanted it in /usr/bin/test and it's in /bin/test. A simple ln -s later,
> I was running Star Office 5.2. The port maybe obselete now.

I've just done it myself, but I had a little more trouble than
that.

I unzipped the .bin file (even though it's executable and should
do that itself), and set up a LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable that
included the directory where all of that went, as well as the
linux compat libraries, tmp, and a few others.

After that it pretty much just worked.

Tell me: does it find the linux_jdk port, if that's installed?
I'm running without Java/Javascript at the moment.

--
Andrew