Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 1996 09:11:43 +0200 (IST)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        SMoo <smoo@jump.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: questions

On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, SMoo wrote:

> Hi
>
> I still have 3 more questions and i should be a happy camper
>
> 1> I need to get my cdrom working (wcd0)
Can you be a bit more specific? What doesn't work about it? If it's not
recognized at all at boot time (i.e. nothing out of dmesg | grep wcd0)
then either it's not in your kernel (in 2.1.5 it's in by default by not
in 2.1.0) or your CD is in the wrong position for it. The best position
to try for an EIDE CD is the slave on the master controller. You may also
try it as the master on the secondary controller. In any case, it will
not work if you connect it to the IDE controller on a SoundBlaster.

Hope that helps...

> 2> I need to get PPP dial up working
> 3> I need to get my zip drive going
Don't know about these (use separate positings for unrelated questions...)

> Anyone want to explain how to do these or kindly send me some docs on
> how to do it?
> thanks

Nadav