Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:37:49 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        kudzu@tenebras.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pcm0 freezes computer with recent -STABLE

In message: <3F6F8857.200@tenebras.com>
            Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com> writes:
: Patrick C wrote:
: > I just cvsup'd Sept 21, installed everything today... kernel freezes when
: > detecting pcm0 during boot. After removing my soundcard, I'm able to boot no
: > problem. Any major changes to pcm0 in -STABLE lately?
:
: This happened intermittently to my Dell Inspiron -- there is a bug
: in the pcibus.c device probe, actually.   See if the following cures
: it.  Warner supposedly had a more correct revision, but I don't
: think it's been mfc'd.

Yes.  I'm pretty sure it has been MFC'd.  Checking just now shows that
it has been MFC'd.

Warner