Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 1999 11:32:24 -0700
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        Rich Winkel <rich@chumbly.math.missouri.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What happened to nedit package?

On Thu, Jun 10, 1999 at 12:40:33PM -0500, Rich Winkel wrote:

> Actually all the motif-dependent packages I've looked for seem to have
> disppeared from the web site and I can't find them on the 3.1 cd.
> I don't have motif so I need the statically linked packages.
> What's up?

I'm afraid I can't tell you where the packages went.  However, I
think you should consider trying Lesstif, the free Motif implementation.
It's in ports as x11-toolkits/lesstif.  If you build it, you should
then set HAVE_MOTIF to YES in /etc/make.conf.

It used to be that Lesstif sucked.  But I've been building xmcd and
some other Motif applications with it for a while now, with good
results.  I don't know about nedit specifically, though; I don't use
it.

Matt

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * Inertia is a property