Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:06:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Panic: lockmgr: pid 5, not exclusive lock holder 0 unlocking

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> Hi Kirk,
>
> On Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:28:47 MST, Kirk McKusick wrote:
>
> >   Modified files:
> >     sys/kern             vfs_bio.c
> >   Log:
> >   Now that buffer locks can be recursive, we need to delete the panics
> >   that complain about them.
>
> This looks related.  I get it pretty consistently on shutdown, provided
> the machine did some work subsequent to going multi-user.

[Script cut]

Yeah, several people are noticing that one.  Robert Watson and I were
trying to debug it, but it was really late at night so personally I
gave up on it until I could reproduce it here.

I got a different one.  I'd like to track it down but it hasn't repeated
itself (yet?).  My call stack was (disregarding ATA's call stack mostly):

panic()
bufdone() checking that B_DONE's not set (which it is)
cluster_callback() calling bp->b_iodone()
biodone() calling bufdone()
ad_interrupt() calling biodone()

I implemented a little circular buffer which holds (calling function,
bp) pairs for bufdone(), but so far I have had no crash yet (yay? :-/).
When I do, the circular buffer (thanks, Greg!) will help me out to
actually debug this instead of just wondering why B_DONE was set.