Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 1995 00:11:09 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        mango@communique.net (Raul Zighelboim)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel config and two SCSI controllers...

It seems that Raul Zighelboim said:
> Originaly, the config file had the following in:
>
> controller      ahb0    at isa? bio irq ? vector ahbintr
> controller      scbus0  #base SCSI code
> device          ch0     #SCSI media changers
> device          sd0     #SCSI disks
> device          st0     #SCSI tapes
> device          cd0     #SCSI CD-ROMs
>
> Should I add the folling lines ?
>
> controller      ahb1    at isa? bio irq ? vector ahbintr
> controller      scbus1  #base SCSI code
> device          ch1     #SCSI media changers
> device          st1     #SCSI tapes

I use this with my  BT-747S  and my AHA-1740A.  I wire  my devices down  to
avoid changes in fstab.

controller	bt0	at isa? port "IO_BT0" bio irq ? vector btintr
controller	scbus0 at bt0

controller  eisa0
controller  ahb0

controller	scbus1 at ahb0

# BT: conner + CD
disk		sd0 at scbus0 target 0 unit 0
device		cd0 at scbus0 target 6
# 1742: seagate + all streamers
disk		sd2 at scbus1 target 2
tape		st0 at scbus1 target 5

Note that I'm using the -CURRENT's syntax for EISA device but the result is
the same.

Now, if only the BT driver  could be eisaconf-aware  :-) (probably a lot of
work as the same driver is used for ISA/EISA/PCI/VLB controllers).
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #1: Sun Nov 12 16:47:05 MET 1995