Date:      Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:00:53 -0400
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        Daichi GOTO <daichi@ongs.gr.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Watching DVD's in -stable

Daichi GOTO wrote:

> > > There is a yet another vlc port since 0.2.63 of vlc by Akihiko
> > > GOTANDA.
> > >
> > >     http://www.agt.ne.jp/~a-gota/original-ports.html
> > >
> > > But my built vlc can not run. It starts with core and down
> > > immediately. Did you meet the same situation?
> >
> > Nope, 0.2.81 works great (whether installed from the port or from
> > source).

If using the x11 mode doesn't work try checking your installed ports.
If you have installed the pthreads port (pth), deinstall it and try
recompiling vlc.  That one bit me when I installed another port and
didn't realize that it depended on the pth port.  Lots of stuff that
uses -pthread will break if pth is installed (frequently manifested
as core dumps at boot time in pthread code).

The Xv problems are more likely though.

--
  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer