Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:52:26 -0400
From:      Sean Cavanaugh <millenia2000@hotmail.com>
To:        <gerardon_paredes@yahoo.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: High Performance Computing Mini-Cluster

> Date: Mon=2C 20 Oct 2008 08:19:28 -0700
> From: gerardon_paredes@yahoo.com
> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: High Performance Computing Mini-Cluster
>=20
> Hello=2C i am interested in setting up a small cluster=2C of about 5 mach=
ines to show how this can work on a university environment. Its kind of a p=
itch to university authorities to show them how this work so they can think=
 on investing top dollars on it.  We have a bunch of workstations running F=
reeBSD=2C However as i been reading through the documentation=2C the canoni=
cal situacion would be a environment where the machines netboot over the se=
rver=2C get most of their partitions over NFS and have NIS installed so use=
rs can authenticate at the server and share resources available at the clus=
ter.=20
>=20

not an answer to your question=2C but you might be interested by this http:=
//mini-itx.com/projects/cluster/
might give you some insight into what you are looking for

-Sean