Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 16:26:26 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Realtek 8029 goes slow. 200k/second

Hi,
I have a couple of PCI network cards with the Realtek 8029 chip.
(a no-name and a Genuis)

Both these cards give 1000k / sec on all of my FreeBSD machines except
my new one.

My new PII400 (BX chipset) gives just 200k / second on our lab network.
Perfect test conditions - no other network traffic.
New PC has 128 Megs of RAM, tried both AGP and PCI video card and runs
SNAP1998-0804.

Any ideas what is going on?

bye
Roger Hardiman
Strathclyde Uni Telepresence Research Group