Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2018 11:15:07 -0800
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?UmHDumw=?= <raul@b2n.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: webcamd vs 12.0-RELEASE-p1

On 12/28/18 12:42 AM, Raúl wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Trying a logitech c910 usb camera, cuse, webcamd ... pwcview, chromium,
> vlc3 ... only greenish stuff, a block puzzle in motion or nothing at
> all. Reading about others success on other versions make me think must
> be an easy thing to achieve although I've never tried before.
>
> Anyone successfully using cuse / webcamd on 12.0-RELEASE?.
> Any obvious clue I'm missing?.
>
> Thanks in advance.
kind of hard to debug without any logs or configs posted, but i have a
working config that supports webRTC websites like zoom.us for example.
i am running 12.0-RELEASE as well.  here is the webcam i have:

$ sudo usbconfig|grep Camera
ugen0.2: <SunplusIT Inc Chicony USB 2.0 Camera> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST
spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=ON (500mA)

and i have enabled webcamd via rc.conf like so:
$ grep webca /etc/rc.conf
webcamd_enable="YES"

i also load cuse via /boot/loader.conf:
$ sudo grep cuse /boot/loader.conf
cuse_load="YES"

Note, this requires a web browser with support for webRTC, which firefox
def supports by default once you grant permissions (iirc chormium also
works by default).  I know this isn't super helpful for your rig - i
think i have a c910 here i work i can try to reproduce this on later
today, but just wanted to check the basics that everything is configured
on your end correctly.

cheers,
-pete

--