Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 1999 08:34:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        John <jpapalia@voicenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libm3formsvbt.so.6

John wrote:

> The thing is, as far as I can tell, I have all teh .5 versions
> of othe files - but not the .6 versions. This makes no sense to
> me, since I've manually d/loaded and installed the "most current"
> versions from the distfiles.

Aha.  That means your "modula-3-lib" port is out of date -- not
necessarily the distfile, but the port itself.  Pkg_delete "modula-3"
and "modula-3-lib", grab the latest ports one way or another (from
www.freebsd.org or ftp.freebsd.org or by using CVSup on a different
machine), and try again.  Actually, I believe the 3.2 CD should have
up to date versions of these ports, so you could get them from there.

As an alternate approach you could simply use the "cvsup-bin" port,
which bypasses all that Modula-3 stuff.

John