Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 18:33:36 -0200
From:      Jorge Peixoto Vasquez <jorge@aker.com.br>
To:        Sean Lutner <sean@rentul.net>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Failover firewalls with ipfw?

Sean Lutner wrote:
> I'm currently doing some research into firewalls, and which one(s) would
> be right for my network. I'm considering everything from Checkpoint-1, to
> Cisco Pix, to ipchains, to ipfw on FreeBSD. My question is this. Does
> anyone out there know of any utilities/code/addons I could use to
> implement a failover pair of firewalls using ipfw and fbsd? Ideally I'd
> like to do stateful failover, but having two machines always on and a
> heartbeat solution might wirk as well. If anyone can offer some pointers,
> it would be much appreciated.

Dear Mr. Sean Lutner,

Our product does everything you want (except for stateful failover) and,
altough not open-sourced, is much cheaper than these commercial
solutions you want.

Altough a little bit unknown outside Brazil, we have no fear of saying
our product is at least in par with Checkpoint Fw1 or Pix, for instance.

Please take a look at our web page and download a free (english, of
course) evaluation version. If you prefer, please send me your address
and I'll have our customer service dept mail you a CD ASAP.

jOrge
--
Jorge Peixoto Vasquez, Elet. Eng.
Aker Security Solutions