Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 1998 17:40:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sean Shilton <sshilton@ascend.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   USR XJ4336 pcmcia

I have an IBM 760xl with a 3com 3c589d pcmica nic and an USR xj4336 mode.
The system is running freebsd 2.2.5.  The system sees the 3com card
without a problem and on the lan the network works great.  I cannot
however, configure the xj4336 modem, and i would like to use freebsd
soley, and i need ppp for that.  I enabled pcmcia support in the rc.conf
and configured pccard.conf using the xj2288 entry for the pccard.
file, but during startup pccardc fails with the error:
pccardc: /dev/card0: Device not configured.  I am using the generic kernel
and the 3com adapter is in slot one, while the xj288 adapter is in slot 2.
Any help would be greatly apprieciated.
Thanks
Sean Shilton