Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2002 22:05:54 -0600
From:      Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mozilla plugin and native JDK 1.3.1p6.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 03:04:21PM +0200, Jeremy Lea wrote:

    Hi Jeremy,

> I installed the Mozilla port (with a few patches, due for commit in a
> few hours), and then the JDK port.  I didn't set any non standard
> settings.  Then I made the link like suggested in JDK's pkg-message.

	What version of Mozilla do you have? I have mozilla-0.9.7_2,1,
   and jdk1.3.1 works w/out a problem. (Once the port was updated,
   that is).

	At work, I have an older version of mozilla, and jdk1.3.1p6,
   and it demonstrates the behavior you describe. "top" shows that
   it is in "pause", and the java window reports "initializing java
   applet" or some such.

	At work, I tried to install mozilla 0.9.8, w/out any luck.
    I think there is a problem with libart_lgpl...

							Bruce