Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 1997 18:57:27 -0700
From:      Guntram Wolski <gwolsk@sei.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup to cvsup.freebsd.org never seems to connect?

I installed the 2.2.2 CDROM release recently and have
been trying to use cvsup for the first time to upgrade
to the latest release.  I believe I followed the web
page instructions to run cvsup correctly and  am using
a standard supfile (modified to get RELENG_2_2).  I also
applied the patch file that was listed somewhere in
the depths of www.freebsd.org that I seem to remember was
required to get either ports or the cvsup to work.

However, I tend to get nothing but timeouts connecting to
cvsup.freebsd.org. Here is some useful output that might
shed some light on the problem?

# cvsup -g -L 2 stable*gw /var/tmp/dest
Parsing supfile "stable-supfile.gw"
Looking up address of cvsup.FreeBSD.org
Connecting to cvsup.FreeBSD.org
Connected to cvsup.FreeBSD.org
Server software version: REL_15_1
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing active-mode data connection
Timed out waiting for connection from server
Will retry at 18:38:16
Retrying
Looking up address of cvsup.FreeBSD.org
Connecting to cvsup.FreeBSD.org
Connected to cvsup.FreeBSD.org
Rejected by server: Maximum simultaneous clients exceeded
Will retry at 18:47:44

The "Maximum..." message was new at this run. Never saw
this before.

I am unable to resolve the cvsup[23].freebsd.org names
for some reason so I'm unable to try them.

Any suggestions on now to download this release are appreciated
--
--G

Guntram Wolski                                  gwolsk@sei.com
Silicon Engineering, Inc.			http://www.sei.com
1590 The Alameda Suite 101                      408-938-5900 x112
San Jose CA 95126                               Fax:408-938-5902