Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:02:15 -0500
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Brandon Shiers <brandons@wyoming.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem installing on Enterprise 250

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 02:51:39PM -0700, Brandon Shiers wrote:

> I have a Enterprise 250 and am having problems getting FreeBSD
> installed on the box.  I know I have to use the serial console to
> install, due to lack of support for Sun keyboards/terminals.  My box
> does not have a floppy drive on it, so booting via CD is my only
> option.  Has anybody made an install CD ISO that has the required boot
> options enabled to use the serial port as the console device so I can
> get FreeBSD installed on my machine, or any other options/pointers for
> me?

I recently did an install on an Enterprise-250 using the snapshot
CD available on many of the FTP mirror sites in the "snapshots/sparc64"
directory.  That CD has the 64-bit time_t change made in it so at this
point it is probably the best thing to try first.

That said, I haven't tried the normal 5.2.1 CD's in an Enterprise-250
but I don't know of any reason they should not work.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu