Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:56:47 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Da Rock <freebsd-ports@herveybayaustralia.com.au>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail/imaptools: port removal at Monday April 9th

Doug Barton wrote:
> On 04/09/2012 15:21, Da Rock wrote:
> > To stick my nose where it probably doesn't belong: indeed. This is one
> > area where linux annoys the most for that very reason.
> >
> > Let the user decide and bear the responsibility.
>
> If you want to put up a server with all the encumbered software and let
> people download it, go right ahead. Meanwhile, the project has chosen
> (wisely) not to run the risk of legal entanglements.
>
> .. not to mention the common courtesy of following the wishes of those
> who created the software in the first place.

Also not to mention the uncommon dis-courtesy of someone publishing code free
to the world, gaining users, then retracting code [to go commercial].

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".