Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 1999 01:05:47 GMT
From:      attila <attila@hun.org>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        stable-freeBSD <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_3 ? affect on docs, etc.

John-

    after an RTFM session last week I modified my supfile of 10 Jan
    which built CURRENT flawlessly (including updating all the man
    pages and docs) from 2.2.6 and which is now diff'd

      8c8
      < *default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix compress
      ---
      > *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_3 delete use-rel-suffix compress

    to the new file below preparatory to moving out of the CURRENT track
    to the STABLE track.

    however, in reading your reply to Doug Burks (below), it crossed my
    mind (or at least the space so designated) the 'tag=RELENG=3' in
    '*default release=...' may be applied to ports, etc. with results
    similar to doug's. or is it default release "if required" as I
    gleaned from RTFM?

    may save me some aggravation before I hit Froggie's magic twanger.

	thanx,

	    attila

# ___________________________

# hun.org CVSup 'supfile' for RELENG_3
# attila@hun.org   9124-0030

*default tag=.
*default host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org
*default prefix=/usr
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_3 delete use-rel-suffix compress

cvs-all 	# The main FreeBSD CVS repository, excluding crypto
cvs-crypto 	# The export-restricted cryptography code