Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2018 10:06:58 +0200
From:      Patrick Lamaiziere <patrick@davenulle.org>
To:        Joseph Ward <jbwlists@hilltopgroup.com>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "egress" group

Le Mon, 25 Jun 2018 16:12:49 -0400,
Joseph Ward <jbwlists@hilltopgroup.com> a =C3=A9crit :

Hello,

> My goal is for this pf.conf to be able to be used on multiple systems
> which unfortunately have different network cards, so the interface
> names are different.=C2=A0 If "egress" isn't going to work, is there
> another way to accomplish that goal?

You can use some interface groups.
ifconfig_ix0=3D"inet 192.168.20.251/24 group CARPDEV group IFFOO"

then in pf.conf use the groups
pass in on IFFOO ...

or
pass quick on CARPDEV proto carp keep state (no-sync)

There are several restrictions, you can't use group interface in
pf rules "set skip" and on nat/route-to rules. And the name of a group
cannot end by a number (IFFOO1 -> invalid)

But that's work fine, we use groups a lot here.

Regards