Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:57:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@misty.eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bsd.java.mk 2.0

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Greg Lewis wrote:

> > There may be another solution. If anyone has any idea, or just knows
> > how to do 'for' loops (or even lists intersections) in a generic (that
> > is not shell dependent) fashion, please let me know about it.
>
> As per make(1):
>
> .for variable in expression
> <make-rules>
> .endfor

As per make(1):

For loops are expanded before tests, so a fragment such as:

.for TMACHINE in ${SHARED_ARCHS}
.if ${TMACHINE} = ${MACHINE}
.endif
.endfor

won't work, and should be rewritten the other way around.

So no .if in .for loops :(

But I found a solution. Rather complex but hopefuly working (will test
tonight):

echo | tr | sort | uniq | grep | awk

I'm pretty sure there's another (somewhat more simple) solution but if I
can get it to work as-is then we might improve it later.

Herve