Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:46:20 -0400
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   suspend/resume on T22 running 5.2.1

Hi,

I've recently starting using suspend/resume on my ThinkPad T22.  I've
found that running "acpiconf -s S3" works well.  After finding that
my mouse did not function after resume, I added
'hints.psm.0.flags="0x2000"' to /boot/device/hints.  The mouse now
functions after resume.

I also added this to /etc/sysctl.conf

# do not sleep when the lid is closed
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=S0

# do not power up again when powered off
hw.acpi.disable_on_poweroff=0

My next goal is to find a way to easily restore wi0 and the default
route after resume.  Issuing the following commands after resume
fixes networking:

sh /etc/start_if.wi0 # restores SSID etc
kill -TERM `cat /var/run/dhclient.pid` # kill existing dhclient
dhclient wi0

Any suggestion?

cheers
--