Date:      Tue, 1 Jul 2003 21:44:25 +0100
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "David G. Holm" <FreeBSD@Netfang.net>
Cc:        ports freebsd group <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Current unassigned ports problem reports

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 06:24:07PM +0000, David G. Holm wrote:
> ** Reply to message from FreeBSD bugmaster <bugmaster@freebsd.org> on Mon=
, 30
> Jun 2003 11:00:45 -0700 (PDT)
>=20
> > f [2003/05/09] ports/52016 ports-bugs  New port: lang/harbour - A
> Clipper-compat
>=20
> I provided feedback in the form of a replacement shar file for the port,
> directly to the committer who wrote to me. Was that not the right thing t=
o do?

That was half of the right thing to do.  You should also have cc'd the
freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org address to ensure that your follow up made
it into the bug tracking system (while keeping the subject line as
Re: ports/52016: New port: lang/harbour - A Clipper-compatible compiler
to ensure that gnats knows what it's a followup to).

However, people who are changing PRs to a state of feedback should take
it upon themselves to ensure that the state is updated once feedback has
been received; there is much evidence to suggest that this does not happen
in a large number of cases (the committer concerned in this case should not
feel singled out).

Thanks,

Ceri
--=20
User: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR?
Iniaes: Sure, I can accept all forms of payment.
                                           -- www.chatterboxchallenge.com

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6--