Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:56:28 -0500
From:      "Adam Kropelin" <akropel1@rochester.rr.com>
To:        "Julian Elischer" <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: anyone seen this problem..

Julian Elischer wrote:

>> I'm working in 4.10++  plus a few MFC patches..
>>
>> One of our applications regularly crashes when using a uhid device.
>

> ^^^^^ ugen

I've been able to panic the kernel fairly easily using ugen (this is on
5.2.1 and 5.3). The trigger seems to be a length mismatch where the device
returns a different amount of data than was expected for a particular
transfer. I'm suspecting memory corruption since it will often fail the
ioctl a few times before actually panicing.

I am not sufficiently clued to obtain a kernel backtrace like you did. I
presume I need to configure something to dump me into a kernel debugger upon
panic instead of the automatic reboot I'm currently getting. I'll read up on
such things and see if I can determine how closely my situation matches
yours.

--Adam