Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2001 21:10:31 +1200
From:      Richard B Mahoney <RBM49@student.canterbury.ac.nz>
To:        Subscribers to FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   StarOffice 5.2 Install Revisited

Dear Readers,

Reading through the archives I have come across countless
questions and answers on StarOffice and how it should be
installed.

Even so, I'm having no luck whatsoever.

I'm running 4.3 Release and have to hand the Sun
StarOffice 5.2. CD-ROM.

Logged in as root I do the following:

1) # mount /cdrom
2) # make install WITH_CDROM=YES

This is the result:

/usr/ports/editors/staroffice52

===>   staroffice-5.2 depends on file:
/compat/linux/lib/libc.so.6 - found

Please mount the Sun StarOffice 5.2 CDROM
onto /cdrom and run make again.

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52.
*** Error code 1

[and so on in the same vein]

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong. All this is very
frustrating and I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't have just
downloaded the 100 or so meg rather than buying the CD.

Many regards,

 Richard Mahoney

--
| 78 Jeffreys Rd                                 +64-3-351-5831 |