Date:      Thu, 03 Jan 2013 17:18:51 +0100
From:      Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updating "fetchmail"

Am 03.01.2013 16:46, schrieb Corey Halpin:
> On 2013-01-03, Jerry wrote:
>> Thanks for the feedback. When the 6.x branch is abandoned in favor of
>> the 7.x branch, which I tend to believe is not that far off, will you
>> then be creating a 7.x port?
>
>   When 7.x becomes the supported release, rather than a pre-release alpha,
> then mail/fetchmail will be upgraded to 7.x.
>
>   My intention is to maintain mail/fetchmail at the supported release version.
> When that's not 6.x anymore, then the port won't be 6.x anymore, either.
>
>   If there's some missing feature in 7.x which has people wanting a 6.x port
> as well, then I'll likely create mail/fetchmail6 at that point.

Now is the time to look at
<http://gitorious.org/fetchmail/fetchmail/blobs/master/NEWS#line42>; and
speak up if any important feature was abolished.  I have not obsoleted
features younger than, say, 10 years, yet, so we should have few
complaints about 7.0.0-alpha4 over 6.3.24. :)

Note that I expect MAPI support to _NOT_ materialize in spite of a
Google Summer of Code contribution, due to lack of support from the
contributor and the audience.