Date:      Mon, 11 May 98 14:43:31 +0200
From:      THIERRY.HERBELOT@telspace.alcatel.fr
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Proxy ARP, routing, RFC1027 and the BSD TCP/IP stack

     The RFC 1027 introduces the use of Proxy ARP to enable old machines
     without subnetting to use routers (a router automatically answers the
     ARP requests from the old machine for IP addresses outside the local
     net). It seems CISCO routers implement the RFC (default behaviour).

     I would like to use a FreeBSD machine as such an "automated" Proxy ARP
     to use it as a gateway for a machine with a *very* limited stack
     (using the RTC real-time kernel).

     This RFC specifically mentions patches to the TCP/IP stack (for
     BSD43). But the RFC is old (Oct . 87). I've attempted a quick search
     on Internet, but without success.

     Has someone kept a copy of the indicated patches ?

     TIA

        Thierry Herbelot