Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2012 08:34:57 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        sw2wolf <czsq888@163.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Understanding XDM

On Tue, 3 Jul 2012 23:27:21 -0700 (PDT), sw2wolf wrote:
> I am using slim to login which can choose Window Manager by pressing F1 key.
> Can XDM choose Window Manager when loginning ?

No, xdm cannot do this. But as far as I remember, wdm can -- it has
some look & feel of the original CDE display manager and it designed
to work well with WindowMaker, but it's a very nice replacement for
xdm if you need that specific functionality. It's quite lightweight
(compared to gdm or kdm) and easily configurable.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany