Date:      Tue, 07 Mar 1995 09:44:00 -0800
From:      Steven Wallace <swallace@ece.uci.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Sujal Patel <smpatel@wam.umd.edu>, current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Sound

>> Looking at the current source tree, everything looks to be in working
>> order..  Hopefully :)   If your card is working properly,  it seems that
>> swallace's cleanup was perfect (Andrew's changes were not spammed
>> either).  Let me know if you still are having problems, and I'll try to
>> figure it out with swallace.
>>
>> Sujal
>
> This is what I get with -current sources and my SB16:
>
> snd1 not found at 0x388
> snd2 not found at 0x220
> snd6 not found at 0x220
> snd7 not found at 0x300
>
> No sound devices are probed.

Ummm, I think I know what you did, Mr. Jordan.  Like I said in my commit
and followup message, I have reversed the logic of EXCLUDE_* and AUDIO_*
and spammed your additional #undefs for SB.  I was waiting until we could
figure out a real solution.  Andrew seemed to like my #ifdef NSND thing
but Garrett called it "EVIL" and suggested a new device naming approach
which I am not sure how to implement.  Until then, for the SB16,
in addition to correct snd1 device configs, you need

options		"AUDIO_YM3812"
options		AUDIO_SB
options		AUDIO_SBPRO
options		AUDIO_SB16

Otherwise you are not compiling in the code you need and the devices
will not be probed.

Steven