Date:      Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:02:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Keith Powers <keithpowers@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   SoundBlaster Live problem

I have a dual boot system, Win XP Pro/FreeBSD
4.6.2.
The mobo is an Asus A7V266E, processor is AMD
XP2000+, 512 MB DDR RAM, etc....

I have a SoundBlaster Live! sound card, which I
noticed was the source of a few problems in
FreeBSD. Mine, after carefully following steps to
create the device nodes, set permissions and all
other mandatory exercises in configuration, will
not output sound to my speakers. XMMS will
launch, the CD is detected, tracklists work, and
the CD plays, but there is no sound. I'm going
crazy trying to figure it out... any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Keith Powers Jr