Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:03:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Paul English <penglish@hydro.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   OpenSSL removal/upgrade?

Apparently openssl is installed in the base system (FreeBSD 4.4). How do I
remove/upgrade it? When I go to /usr/ports/openssl and do 'make' I get
this:
 make
===>  openssl-0.9.6b is forbidden: OpenSSL is already in the base system.

and make deinstall:
===>  Deinstalling for openssl-0.9.6b
===>   openssl-0.9.6b not installed, skipping

pkg_info doesn't report it at all.

I'd like to keep openssl up to date, and also not have the configuration
file in /etc, but rather in /usr/local.

Thanks,
Paul