Date:      Fri, 04 Jun 1999 01:54:44 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, dyson@iquest.net, ahasty@mindspring.com (Amancio Hasty), crossd@cs.rpi.edu (David E. Cross), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, schimken@cs.rpi.edu
Subject:   Re: 3.2-stable, panic #12

> I'm sure that the fact that -release ended up with such obvious
> instabilities was out of your control (IMHO RELENG_3 shouldn't have
> been dubbed -stable 'till 3.2 was tagged), but I'd bet that this did

Just a side comment on this - there was tremendous flammage that the
RELENG_3 branch wasn't created with 3.0 and when 3.1 came out, the
most frequently asked question I got was "when are you going to
fucking branch already?"

My point is that you very definitely cannot please everyone all of the
time.  Do it quick and some will scream.  Do it slow and others will
scream.  Either way, you're getting screamed at.

- Jordan