Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 95 10:58:39 EDT
From:      jleppek@suw2k.ess.harris.com (James Leppek)
To:        bob@luke.pmr.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Prob installing 2.0.5-950622-SNAP from 8mm tape

I think they changed the block size of the release files from
the normal 20 to 10 blocks. So you need to create a new
tar file with block size at 10 (for gnu tar -b 10 )

I did this and still could never get a tape install to
work because then it said "tape not found" or some such.
I tried this with the tape in the tape drive and out upon
power up and no luck :-(

I ended up doing a minimal PPP boot ( which was really nice :-) )
and then getting the rest from tape after the minimal system was
loaded.
The tape drive works fine once the system is up so its
just an install problem.

Jim Leppek