Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 2020 09:31:59 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Pavel Timofeev <timp87@gmail.com>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Can't cross-compile HEAD
References:  <CAAoTqftF5ppz421CvvJU%2BauB1bsBWNCUepYVgcSEV9Bmdqg3NQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAAoTqfvqeBDy5oKh1hfjm5G88ehYz_bJ_D%2BxiFQaD_bvP9R0Hw@mail.gmail.com> <CACNAnaGZsZpitsfPG6x-0nrNajA43ZHrtm73GnUMnbqW9OyKRQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAAoTqfvV%2BQF3owbPvw6BcwSj=Wj1k%2B=uLtxWb2%2BF_7WiOKOHsA@mail.gmail.com> <CACNAnaF-AHNu3gAsHk16iBZU5YCYfbwYZtUq7mH%2B0ANuZOHBGw@mail.gmail.com> <CAAoTqfutMwXFu49cha_-DWr8utU%2BDftGG91S50jxLsn6GKPxdw@mail.gmail.com> <CACNAnaH5X5kKs7XedUW_1Ej%2B_jS6bH8-dzR=c-vjEt6HRFUivA@mail.gmail.com>

On Fri, 21 Feb 2020 at 12:57, Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Ahhh, this makes more sense now.
>
> > Not sure about Makefile.depend file as it says 'Autogenerated - do NOT
> > edit!' (would be great to extend the comment with info autogenerated
> > by 'what' exactly), and not sure if I pointed dependency dirs right.
> >

> We'll just drop the Makefile.depend hunk of the patch -- this is
> autogenerated and maintained by particular people, and shouldn't need
> active attention.
>
> > As far as I know Andrian is trying to get rid of libarchive entirely
> > in freebsd-wifi-build project, so this should not be a problem in the
> > future.
> >
> > But isn't it has to be fixed right now until we get a replacement?
> >

> I'd be inclined to agree. Unless Adrian objects, I think it'd be a
> good idea to go ahead and commit the additional linkage until he does
> get it hashed out.

yeah, do it. I need to update bsdbox a bit anyway to allow for
external build configs...

-adrian