Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 1997 17:06:28 +0000
From:      Ruslan Shevchenko <Ruslan@Shevchenko.kiev.ua>
To:        "Kent S. Gordon" <kgor@inetspace.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fbsd & commerce (Re: Informix on FreeBSD (maybe))

Kent S. Gordon wrote:

> ????? "julian" == Julian Elischer ?julian@whistle.com? writes:
>
>     ? I've been talking to an Informix-type, who when asked if there
>     ? could be an informix portt to FreeBSD said..  "maybe" "anything
>     ? for a buck"
>
> The International Informix User Group has a group trying to get
> Informix ported to Linux for some time. I am not sure how far they
> have gotten.   They have a mailing list (linux-informix) at
> majordomo@iiug.org. I think getting a informix running under Linux and
> then using the Linux emulation is a much more feasable method of
> getting a Informix to run under FreeBSD.

  That's why Linux have better commerse success then FreeBSD.

   I think, for supporting commmerce users  of FreeBSD,  must exists
  firm, which sell commerce version of FreeBSD, which must be identical
  to free version,  + some customization and preinstalled software
  and provide aggressive marketing of FreeBSD.