Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 2002 19:23:44 -0500
From:      Tim <cyberlord@cyberlord.net.dhis.org>
To:        Jason Porter <leporter@xmission.com>, Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XFree86 Wheel Mouse

On Friday 12 July 2002 11:49 am, Jason Porter wrote:
> Scott Robbins wrote:
> >On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 01:42:37AM -0600, Jason Porter wrote:
> >>Hi all, I upgraded from XFree86 3.3.6 to 4.2.0 a couple of hours ago.
> >>I'm running 4-stable, btw.  Before when I was using 3.3.6 the wheel o=
> >>my  MS IntilliMouse Optical worked just fine, now it doesn't I've loo=
ked
> >>at xev and it doesn't register the wheel moving as an event.  I have
> >>Buttons 7 and ZAxisMapping 6 7 in my XF86Config file.  Any help here
> >>would be great, thanks.

I lost my wheel mouse when I upgraded to 4.6. After a little research, it=
=20
turned out that the new version of imwheel wanted a DISPLAY environment=20
variable set. What it needs to be set to I have no clue. So I still have =
no=20
wheel action and I miss it. :)

This *might* point you in the right direction.=20

If you solve your problem, please reply to this thread what you did to ge=
t it=20
working as I would be greatly interested.

Thanks,

Tim