Date:      Mon, 26 Oct 2020 16:00:59 -0400
From:      Mark Johnston <markj@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   QAT driver

Hi,

I did a port of NetBSD's qat(4) to FreeBSD for pfSense, and made some
enhancements.  This provides an opencrypto-compatible driver for Intel's
QuickAssist devices, aimed mainly to be used with IPSec.  A review is
posted here for anyone interested in reviewing:
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26963

So far it's mostly been tested on an Atom C3000, where some ad-hoc
testing with iperf3 shows ~20-30% improvements relative to aesni(4) and
some reduction in CPU usage.  I've done some functional testing on a
Xeon system with a 8950 adapter as well.  If anyone is interested in
testing the driver, please send me email.  Some firmware images not
included in the review above are required in order to test.  I plan to
port it to stable/12 shortly.

Thanks,
-Mark